Monday, July 18, 2011

If my classifier told me before i enlisted i would not be on ships but "warehousing" how likely is shore duty?

i am an LS, before i joined the navy the classifier told me that since i was full time support i would most likely be assigned shore duty overseas. when i talked to my second classifier in boot camp he told me i would be doing "warehousing". it has been 3 weeks since i graduated bootcamp and i still have not gotten my orders, while everyone else i know(active, not fts) has their orders and all of them are to ships. is it likely my classifiers lied to me and i will be assigned to a ship? i was really looking forward to seeing either japan or italy. i really don't want to be stationed on a carrier. did my classifiers get my hopes up and give me unrealistic expectations about my first command?

No comments:

Post a Comment